Beach FAQ Contact
- Beach Coordinator, Will Buchanan: email@example.com
- Beach Uniforms, Alison Heath: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Beach Finance, Jason Samuels: email@example.com
- What programs does Madsand offer?
- Madsand offers a year-round beach program, drop-in days to try sand volleyball without the program commitment, collegiate and professional clinics, and both junior and adult tournaments.
- What is the cost of the programs?
- Cost varies by program and commitment level. All cost information is available on the registration page for the current program. Costs cover the practices, administrative fees, coaching expenses, and equipment costs. For any athlete participating in beach tournaments, families are responsible for any tournament/tour membership fees, tournament entry fee, related travel expenses, and room and board. Madsand coaches will be present at select tournaments, to coach current Madsand athletes.
- Where are practices located?
- 2517 Summit Ave. Plano, TX, 75074
- Does Daylight Savings affect practice times?
- No, because we have exceptional lighting
- Do we practice in the rain or wind?
- Yes, we will only cancel practice in severe weather. A cancellation notification will go out one hour prior to practice via email/groupme.
- What should be worn/brought to practice?
- We suggest that athletes wear comfortable athletic clothes, sunscreen, hats, sunglasses and have water to drink. As the sand warms up or cools down with the seasons, we recommend sand socks. Sand socks can be purchased at https://www.sandsocks.net/
- Is Madsand gear required to be worn at practices and tournaments?
- While it is not mandatory, it is highly encouraged. Madsand gear is available through our Team Leader representative Alison Heath: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Do you offer private/semi-private lessons?
- All Madsand coaches offer lessons – view the coach’s bio to help you in your selection and contact them personally. If you have further questions, you may contact Will Buchanan, email is preferred. email@example.com
Registration / Payment
- Do I need a partner to attend the program, drop-in, or Clinics?
- We mix it up a lot in practice to help you find a successful match. However, it’s never a bad idea to bring a partner if you have one in mind to further your team chemistry.
- Who do I contact about payment plans/refunds?
- Please email Jason Samuels at firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions regarding finance. Please note refunds for our programs are offered for injury or for schedule changes with ample advanced notice only, and are provided at the discretion of the club.
- I’ve been training and want to try out a tournament, where should I play?
- Madsand provides a comprehensive list (link to tournaments page) of tournaments that are available for athletes to play in around Texas.
- What are the age groups for different tournaments?
- 18U (Born on or after 9/1/1999)
- 16U (Born on or after 9/1/2001)
- 14U (Born on or after 9/1/2003)
- 12U (Born on or after 9/1/2005)
- Does Madsand offer coaching during tournaments?
- Yes, at certain North Texas qualifiers. *Players must wear Madsand gear during tournaments to receive coaching.
- How do I get my tournament result posted on the Madsand Instagram/Facebook?
- If you have finished top 3 or better, send an email to email@example.com. Make sure to include the following along with the picture: athlete’s name (partner too), if partner is not from Madsand provide their club info, your finish (3rd, 2nd or 1st), and tournament location.
- What is High Performance (HP) and should I sign up for a USAV tryout?
- It is one of the premier international pipeline development programs in the world. Entry into USAV Beach High Performance (BHP) programs is based upon selection at one of the USAV Beach High Performance Tryouts held in host regions March through May. Athletes strive to be selected for the USAV Junior Beach National Team (A1), USA High Performance Beach Teams (A2), and USAV High Performance Beach Camps (Junior A3 and A4).
- Does Madsand have college recruiting resources available to their athletes?
- Yes, for high school athletes, we have a variety of resources to help you navigate the recruiting process. Contact Will Buchanan at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
- Is there a list of colleges that currently offer beach programs?
- Yes, check out the comprehensive list of 2 & 4 year schools with programs provided by the AVCA.
- My daughter is interested in attending some college clinics, do you have any suggestions?
- Madsand host’s college coaches at our facility throughout the year so check the website and instagram page for announcements regarding those.